Do you love Notting Hill Carnival? Are you creative? Whether you’re a student, a professional or simply have an eye for design, we’d like to offer you the chance to see your creation on this year’s Official Notting Hill Carnival T-Shirt?
In true Carnival spirit we are leaving our T-shirt design to you, ‘the people’. Created by ‘the people’, and chosen by ‘the people’, all via our app.
We welcome entries from creatives over the age of 16.
The T-shirts will be white, short-sleeved with the NHC logo on the front, and we are seeking a new design for the rear of the T-shirt.
Carnival means so much to so many people; we all make up Carnival. It brings a celebration of unity to the streets of Notting Hill and has done so for over 50 years. What does it mean to you? How does it make you feel? Why does it hold a piece of your heart? What is it that is unique about Carnival? Why do you feel it represents a part of you? Why do you feel you represent a part of it?
We would also like a short description of your interpretation in no more than 250 words. The winner will have their design printed on this year’s Official Notting Hill Carnival T-shirt.
*Deadline for submission is Monday 1st July 2019
How To Enter:
Create your profile by clicking “Sign Up” and using the sign up form, or sign in with Facebook or Google.
From the main menu navigate to “Competitions”.
Click the event “NHC 2019 T-SHIRT DESIGN COMP”.
Using the “+” icon in the top right hand corner of the screen attach an image of your entry & your description which should be no longer than 250 words.
Click the paper plane icon in the top right hand corner of your screen to submit your entry.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Notting Hill Carnival Ltd., 34-35 Powis Square, London W11 2AY (the “Promoter”).
2. Entrants must be UK residents, aged 16 years or over.
3. One entry allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition. However, internet access and/or free app installation is required.
5. The promotion is open to entries from 09.00 on 7th June 2019 until 23.59 on 1st July 2019.
6. There is one ‘prize’ to be won. The ‘prize’ is to have your design printed on the official Notting Hill Carnival T-shirt for 2019. Any profit accumulated from the sale of this t-shirt will go towards a prize for the ‘Best Children’s Mas Band’ 2019.
7. The winner will be notified within five working days of the competition deadline via email. If a winner fails to respond within two days of this notification, the next entrant with the most votes will be notified as the winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
8. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
9. You will retain copyright of and any other Intellectual Property Rights in the design that You submit to Us in its original form. You must be the sole owner of copyright and any other Intellectual Property Rights in any idea which You submit. If You win you will need to provide us with written confirmation that you are the sole owner of any copyright and any other Intellectual Property Rights which exist(s) in Your idea/design.
10. Your entry must be Your original work. It must not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any other party.
11. By entering the Competition You grant to Us the right to publish and exhibit Your entry at exhibitions, on a website, and any other promotional items linked to the Competition or other relevant campaigns as We deem appropriate.
12. By entering the competition, You grant to Us the right to develop Your original idea into a suitable format for use in promotional materials.
13. You hereby grant to Us, in the event that You win, an irrevocable exclusive, royalty free licence, to use, reproduce and/or develop Your submitted idea/design for use in any promotional campaigns, exhibitions, newspaper, website brochures, pamphlets and any promotional material produced on behalf of Notting Hill Carnival Ltd.. Such a licence entitles Us to grant sub-licences to third parties in the same terms as this licence.
14. By entering this Competition, You agree that Your name and location may appear in the advertising campaign and other post-competition publicity and communications.