We are working to make Carnival as enjoyable as we possibly can. We ask that you take measures that will complement this and ensure you have a great time.
• Plan your routes in advance.
• Check travel status p22–23.
• Leave the Carnival area in good company if not alone
• Dress appropriately for the weather. If it rains, the temperature drops so bring the right clothing that is warm.
• Wear sensible shoes to avoid injury.
• Don’t wear flip-flops, they lead to many foot injuries.
• Don’t wear expensive items of jewellery or bling.
• Don’t rely on your mobile, as you may not have a signal.
• Bring an umbrella, in case it rains.
• Don’t bring any items that might be considered a dangerous weapon.
• Use the toilets provided.
• Use recycling facilities provided.
• Stay clear of vehicles on the road.
• Be respectful to the community stewards and all emerghency services; there to keep you safe.
• Be respectful to residents homes, public property and local businesses.
• Stay in groups of no less than two.
• Keep an eye on your friends.
• Have a designated meeting point in case you get lost.
• Make sure you have any medication you need with you.
• Be sensible in the sun: Try to reduce prolonged exposure. Apply sun cream.
• Keep hydrated and carry a bottle of water with you.
• Drink alcohol sensibly.
If you feel unwell or get hurt in any way, please seek help at our First Aid centres rather than dialling 999.